Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yet Another Diet Post

Well, we're finally doing it. John and I have joined a gym. I'm so sore I can't stand it. I'm told this will get better. Seeing how I haven't worked out since before Grace was born I barely remember the soreness that goes with starting a new workout regimen. We are also dieting. No specific diet, just calories in verses calories out. The fitness center really saw us coming, they totally up-sold us on everything. We bought the body bug band that tracks how many calories you burn each day. The problem now becomes learning how to download that info into the online program that came with the membership to the gym. I wish I were more tech savvy. So far so good. They have a nice large pool that is never crowded and the girls love that we swim after I finish working out. They also have two kids classes each week that I'll take the girls to. I myself have not yet tried a class, I want to build my endurance a little before going into a class, collapsing, and being horribly embarrassed. But I'll eventually get there.
That's all that's going on at the moment. Madison is gone to San Antonio, she had just returned from Girl Scout camp. We'll have her post all about both on her blog when she returns. I miss her, she's growing up way to fast for my liking. Grace is being Grace, cute, sweet and her innocent little self. She keeps reminding me how unfair it is that Madi is older and gets to do "everything" and she gets to do "nothing". I swear though she is the busiest 6 year old I know, always spending the night with friends and going on play dates.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you guys! I know what you mean about them growing up too fast. Samuel seems like he's grown up two years this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam - Congrats guys! Happy for you. You have nothing but love and encouragement from Courtney and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks being fat. However the process of getting fat was MUCH more fun than the process of getting healthy.

    ReplyDelete